XDAG Mars Project
XDAG Mars Project
**to developers who aspire to develop**
1. Blockground introduction
XDAG take live in 2017 in the bitcointalk community, and is the first digital cryptocurrency based on DAG that can be mined using the PoW algorithm. The XDAG network came go live in January 2018. There are no ICO, no pre-mining. The block reward is halved every four years. The total volume is around 1.4 billion.
XDAG is currently being continuously developed and maintained by a group of developers who love blockchain and persist in the ideal of decentralization. The goal is to utilize the characteristics of DAG technology to create a high-speed, stable, and flexible blockchain technology that supports multiple main stream applications.
1) XDAG is the first public chain based on DAG to realize the PoW.
Combining the high concurrency of DAG with the security and decentralization of POW to solve the “impossible triangle” problem in the blockchain technology;
2) Block = Transaction = Address.
This unique design ensures that the transfer process will not lose coins due to typing in the wrong address; #### 3) Low transaction fee and high TPS. XDAG uses unique technology to solve many problems that may exist in the blockchain system, such as double-spending, uncontrollable transaction time, centralization, 34% attacks, and 51% attacks.
3.From Apollo Plan to Mars Plan
XDAG was highly respected once it was released, but in the first year of development, its own problems gradually exposed, such as the inability of the mining pool to synchronize and other serious problems, which made XDAG unable to continue its original glory. On the one hand, mining tyrants relied on the cost advantages of FPGA and ASIC mining machines to “dig and sell”; on the other hand, the originalC code is in the low degree of engineering which makes programmers daunting. XDAG entered the “darkest moment”. The low price of the currency and lack of development funds led to the slow development and entered a vicious circle. At the critical moment in mid-2019, the XDAG community launched the Apollo Project for exploring a development path suitable for XDAG while ensuring the living space of XDAG. Since that time, the XDAG community governance has gradually been on the right track, and XDAG has shown a good development trend. The release of the Java version is now near to complete. The RandomX algorithm upgrade was achieved with a big success, which solves the historical problems of the monopoly reward of mining tyrants and creates a much fair environment for participants. The RandomX algorithm allows users with ordinary PCs to participate in the mining process and obtain certain rewards easily, which has greatly increased users’ confidence in XDAG. The success of Apollo’s Plan is not only due to the active maintenance of community developers, but also to the trust of all users in the development potential of XDAG. The great success of the Apollo project is not only inseparable from the efforts of the XDAG community and fans, but also depends on the era of turbulent cryptocurrency. When Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc., have set new highs,and Coinbase landed on Nasdaq, the XDAG community launched the Mars project. The project will take XDAG forward a big step on the basis of the achievements of the Apollo project, and open the way for eventually accommodating mainstream blockchain applications.
4. Outline of XDAG Mars Project
The Mars project is divided into four phases:
1. Exploration phase: XDAGJ testnet is online (online, in beta)
1) Construction of testnet: build a testnet with multiple mining pools, at least one C version mining pool and one Java version mining pool; 2) Test coin application: use mining reward distribution, users can mine to obtain test coin; or use issues to apply and distribute regularly; 3) Testnet access tutorial:complete tutorial of testnet mining, including the construction of miners, how to mine and the detailed introduction of miners’ command line; 4) Issues submission specification: the submission of bugs should describe detailed issues for quick analysis and resolution; 5) Blockchain browser: The most intuitive experience for users, you can use the block browser consistent with the official website; 6) Mining algorithm modification: access to RandomX algorithm; 7) Libp2p java version is added.
2. Landing phase: XDAGJ mainnet is online
1) Improve test cases: write test cases for existing functions; 2) Improve the log function: provide a relatively complete log service to facilitate trouble shooting; 3) Solve the various small problems of locally loading data, replace the recursive loading method with a loop to avoid stack overflow; 4) Realize the snapshot function: solve the problem of slow loading speed of the historical main block; 5) Mining function improvement: Consider replacing existing practices with more mature mining protocols, such as Stratum.
3. Expansion phase: XDAGJ smart contract is online
1) Use the Ethereum balance model to transform the data structure, remove the address block, and increase the handling fee; 2) Improve the existing public and private key and address generation methods, use BIPxx and other specifications, use the mnemonic scheme to generate public and private key pairs, and replace the wallet.dat method. 3) Lightweight wallet application to build metamask RPC compatible with web3; 4) Implement EVM that supports solidity language and is compatible with Ethereum smart contracts; 5) Remove whitelist.
4. Prosperity Phase: DAG-DEFI Infrastructure Development
1) Join the cross-chain scheme, compatible with the access of multiple blockchains, and realize the intercommunication between other chains and XDAG; 2) Join the oracle; 3) Join a distributed exchange. The Mars project prioritizes the solution of technical issues that the community cares about. During this period, major research breakthroughs can be flexibly added to the development plan.
5. Time estimation
|4||Expansion phase||3-6||Very High|
The development of XDAGJ is inseparable from the support of XDAG fans. I hope you will continue to support the development and testing of XDAGJ, and the developer team will return to the society with excellent code.[https://github.com/XDagger/xdagj#sponsorship].
As well you can also fund our main development wallets at this adress : XDAG: FQglVQtb60vQv2DOWEUL7yh3smtj7g1s BTC: 39QyFnyoW45dWMReaZtcoRHP2S4DqU8xQG ETH: 0xb5F34fEb083186AfcB1DB1eFdE41eDA1f9BD9fB1
7. Bug bounty
After the XDAGJ testnet went live, in order to encourage community enthusiasts to participate in the construction of XDAGJ, a bug bounty hunter activity was launched. If you find a bug, please visit[https://github.com/XDagger/xdagj/issues/new/choose] Submit a bug and leave your XDAG address. After we review, we will reward 1000XDAG to this address if a bug is found.
Currently, XDAG has initially entered a stage of benign development. On the one hand, the Mars project plans the future development path of XDAG, gathers community forces, and promotes the evolution of XDAG to a new height; on the other hand, it uses the world’s number one Java programming language to improve the XDAG ecosystem, attract developers to join, and grow with the future king. Finally a prosperous scene of XDAG will be realized. The Mars project will also hold a number of activities to interact with XDAG fans, so stay tuned.